Updated on: May 25, 2018
- “Websites” means www.optimumcs.com, www.optimumppm.com and all or each of those websites and sub-websites (including landing pages) that are owned, maintained and operated by Optimum. This excludes any thirds party websites and/or the websites that may be linked to or linked by our Websites.
- “Applications” means all or each of those software, web, cloud, or mobile applications that are owned and maintained by Optimum. This excludes any thirds party applications and products that are not owned by us and not under our control.
- “Services” means any business or IT consulting, internet and cloud hosting, and IT solutions and services provided/offered by Optimum.
- “Personal information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, or other contact information including, gender, occupation, personal interests, or other similar information.
Why We Ask You To Share Your Personal Information.
We collect and process your personal data for the followings reasons including, but not limited to:
- Buying our products, solutions, and services
- Receiving information about our products, solutions, services, and company events
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Optimum
- Resolving customer service issues or questions
- Helping us to improve our products, solutions, and services
- Creating campaigns that are designed to provide information regarding our products and solutions to you
- Receiving personalized messages, special offers, and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies regarding your use of our websites, social media, blogs, and landing pages.
- Participating in our blogs, social media channels, and other company pages
Types of Information That We May Collect.
When you interact with Optimum and our websites, for instance by signing up for our free consultation session, newsletter, purchasing a product/solution/service or interacting with us via social media, e.g. “like us on Facebook,” we may ask for or receive certain information, such as:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your social media profile
- Your gender
- Your age
- Information about the products and services you have purchased
- Your usage of and activities on our social media pages
- Your interests
- Your billing information, if you are buying products or services on our website or signing up for paid events and webinars
- Other information related to your online behavior
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, certain personal data may be shared with us about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted, etc.
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your cookie ID
- Your web browser
- Your location
- The web pages you visit on our websites
- The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through
When you interact with us on behalf of a business customer, supplier, or business partner of ours, we may collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your IP address
- Your business address
- Name and address of the company you work for
How We Collect Your Personal Information.
- Contacting us offline via courier, ground mail, telephone, email, or facsimile and providing any personal data
- Requesting information about our company, products, solutions, or services via one of our websites’ forms
- Requesting a Free Consultation session
- Registering for an in-person event or webinar
- Ordering a product, solution, or service; signing a statement of work
- Registering for an online account or a mobile application
- Subscribing to our newsletters and blogs
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when visiting our website
- Social listening: we may search the internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products and services, resolve consumer issues, and provide targeted marketing
In order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time.
Optimum will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the following limited conditions:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested or contractually agreed to
- We need to transmit the information to third parties who work on behalf of Optimum to provide a product or service to you, in which cases we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the product or service
- As part of a merger or sale of business
- As required by law or to respond to legal processes or lawful requests, including law enforcement or government agencies
The third-party processors/controllers that we work with include the following:
Also, from time to time we use third-party advertising companies, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Bing, and Instagram, to serve ads on our Websites, their advertising platforms, or other websites or to provide analysis of site traffic. These companies may use information about your visits to our websites and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you or to provide insight about the effectiveness of our Websites and Applications.
In addition, we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. We will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of your personal information by these companies.
Use Of Your Personal Information.
We take privacy and security very seriously and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. We will never disclose, share, or sell your data without your consent unless required to do so by law.
Our websites are not generally targeted toward anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age on our website. Our products, solutions, services, and events are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
We do not automatically enroll you, or “opt you into” any marketing or mailing lists. Rather, when you express an interest in our products, solutions services, or events we will ask you to confirm your consent freely and expressly in order that we may then contact you.
Again, we will only contact you, after you have first expressed your consent to learn more about our solutions or services that you have expressed interest in.
You have the right to access any personal information that Optimum holds or processes about you and you may request information about:
- What personal data we hold
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- The source of the information, if we did not collect the data directly from you
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data, “your right to be forgotten” or to restrict processing in accordance with local and international data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us, and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request for any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. We will never ask you for sensitive personal data (such as individual identity number, social security number). Should you ever need support with any online account services, we will never ask you for your individual user account password.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information.
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice, where there is a legal requirement or to enforce our security protections, or our terms and conditions.
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as it is required so that we can meet our business obligations, we will be unable to provide you with our products and services without it.
Protecting Your Personal Data.
Optimum takes your privacy very seriously and we take reasonable measures and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including secure hosting of our website, using an SSL certificate, and securing access to our websites via appropriate security controls and systems.
While we will take every reasonable precaution to secure these details, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for actions that may result from this data being intercepted or accessed by an unauthorized third-party.
We cannot be guaranteed the Messages sent over the Internet or via SMS to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. We are not responsible for any message lost, intercepted or altered by third parties and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages by or in connection with any message sent by you to us or any message sent by us to you over the Internet or via SMS.
The use of our Websites, Applications, and Services are entirely at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or other damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of data or loss of business information) that you may suffer as a result of your use of our Websites, Applications and Services, including but not limited to computer or smartphone services, system failure, access delays or interruption, data non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or other harmful components, breaches of security or unauthorized use of the system arising from “hacking” or otherwise or your reliance on the information contained in our Websites, Applications and/or Services.
We do not represent or warrant that our Websites, Products, Applications, and Services will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
To the full extent permitted by law, Optimum is not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, goodwill, use, data, electronically transmitted orders, or other economic advantage arising out of or in connection with our Website and/or Applications, even if Optimum has previously been advised of, or reasonably could have foreseen, the possibility of such damages, however, they arise, whether in breach of contract or in tort (including negligence), including without limitation damages due to: (a) the use of or the inability to use our Websites and/or Applications; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from our Websites and/or Applications; (c) statements or conduct of any third party, including without limitation unauthorized access to or alteration of transmissions or data, malicious or criminal behavior, or false or fraudulent transactions; or (d) content or information you may download, use, modify, or distribute. To the extent that any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of direct, incidental, or consequential damages, portions of the above limitation or exclusion may not apply and shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
If any provision of these terms is illegal, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from the terms, will be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law as to affect the intention of these terms, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Have questions? Call 713.505.0300 or write to us at 5100 Westheimer Rd. Suite 200 Houston, TX 77056
Copyright 2018 Optimum Consultancy Services, LLC. All rights reserved.